We all know how healthy and yummy avocados are. And when they are combined with other yummy and even healthier ingredients they make something very delicious. I’m going to turn these words into a recipe. Yes, I’m writing here a heavenly yummy recipe of rolls made up from avocado, shrimps and mango with dipping sauce. Have a look:
- Rice vermicelli: 3 ounces and dried
- Shelled shrimps: 18-20 small to medium
- Avocados: 2 peeled and pitted (8 slices per half)
- Mango: 1 and sliced thinly
- Rice papers: 12 (8” round)
- Lettuce: Few leaves
- Few cilantro and mint leave
Chile-mint dipping sauce (Recipe given)
- Chilled simple syrup: Boil 1 quart of water and 2 cups of sugar to make chilled simple syrup
- Lime juice: 1 cup
- Rice vinegar: ½ cup
- Ginger: ½ cup minced
- Garlic: 3 tbsp. minced
- Red onion: ½ cup minced
- Basil leaves: 1 chopped bunch
- Cilantro: 1 chopped bunch
- Mint: 1 chopped bunch
- Bell peppers: 1 red and 1 yellow, peeled, roasted, and minced
- Jalapenos: 2 tbsp. chopped
- Salt n pepper to taste
1. Take a medium sized bowl and soak rice vermicelli in lukewarm water for rehydration for 15-20 minutes or until softened.
2. Drain the noodles and squeeze them to get rid of extra water.
3. Take a pan and boil the water and place vermicelli into it for 5 minutes and bring to boil. And remove from the heat and pour vermicelli into a bowl and let it cool so that you can use your hands for further stuff.
4. When cooled, divide the vermicelli into 12 equal parts.
5. In the same boiling water in which you boiled vermicelli, boil shrimps for 1-2 minutes or until they are opaque. Let them cool. Then cut in half (lengthwise) and de-vein. Add slightly lukewarm water 1 inch deep in it.
6. Now place the rice paper on the kitchen shelf (make sure your kitchen shelf is clean and clear). Close its one end and leave the other end uncovered. Now place lettuce leave on it and one portion of vermicelli, 3 shrimps halves, 2 avocado slices, 2 slices of mango and few leaves of mint and cilantro.
7. Fold the wrapper from sides to make roll shaped. Make 12 rolls like this and cover these rolls with a damp towel or plastic bag until they are ready to serve with dipping sauce.
8. Take a bowl and add water sugar mixture and add all the sauce ingredients and mix. This would be spicy, sweet and sour at the same time and will leave a great impression with the yummy rolls.