Every day your feet work hard. Many people are very busy throughout the day; they go for a job, shopping, school events, parties, dinners with family and friends. During this busy time, we forget to relax our feet.
Barely any things feel superior to a massage, and a very few types of massages are as good as a foot massage! Some old practices and a developing body of health sciences research even propose that rubbing certain pressure points on your feet can heal conditions influencing various organs of your body.
Do-It-Yourself Foot Massage
A foot massage is a treat to you other than its benefits, which I will talk later. You can do a foot massage by yourself and here is a guide.
- Sit on a comfortable chair. Bend your left leg and rest your left foot gently on your right thigh.
- First of all, relax and sit comfortably.
- Bend your right leg and place your right gently on your left thigh.
- Take some moisturizer and rub onto your hand. Rub it smoothly on your foot and gently massage your foot including the toes and heel.
- After applying moisturizer gently, massage a little deeper. Press the knuckles of your hand into your foot. Press your thumbs into the skin.
- Smoothly pull the toes apart. This action stretches the underneath muscles.
- Now repeat the same techniques on the other foot.
Why it is important to health?
Massaging your feet influences many organs of your body and helps to recover from various conditions. To maintain your health, this is the least you can do in a very short time. Following are the benefits:
1. Improves circulation
A quick massage before going to sleep improves the blood circulation in lower extremities.
It is very important for those who work in a sedentary environment, and never gets any type of exercise to relax their feet muscles. Such people should wear comfortable shoes to improve blood circulation.