20 Best Foods for Every Vitamin and Mineral

6. Vitamin B12

Why you need it: Vitamin B12 is essential to ensure the healthy and smooth functioning of the central nervous system, along with boosting the production of red blood cells and DNA. Moreover, vitamin B12 plays an instrumenting role in shielding the body against anemia, which is basically a blood condition that causes extreme exhaustion, fatigue and weakness.

Where to get it:

You can obtain vitamin B12 from various animal products. Cooked clams boost the richest density of this vitamin as opposed to other foods. All you need is three ounces of clams to pack up a whopping 84mcg of vitamin B12, which is an incredibly impressive 1402% of your daily recommended dosage.

Here’s an amazing idea: serve your family a scintillating treat of spaghetti and clams to replenish their vitamin B12 reserves. You can also obtain vitamin B12 from tuna, beef liver, salmon, and trout, along with several fortified breakfast cereal varieties.

7. Vitamin C

Why you need it: Vitamin C is an extremely essential antioxidant that serves as an instrumental and necessary nutrient to aid in several key bodily functions, such as the synthesis of neurotransmitters and protein metabolism.

Where to get it:

Most people believe that vitamin C is only obtained from citrus foods, however, sweet red peppers are actually the richest food-based source of this antioxidant. One serving of sweet red peppers packs up a whopping 95mg of vitamin c, which is even more than the vitamin C concentration of oranges that provide 93mg in each serving.

Roasted red peppers with stuffed meat are an incredibly delicious treat to stock up on vitamin C. You can also obtain it from cantaloupe, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and kiwi fruit.

8. Calcium

Why you need it: Calcium is an extremely essential mineral required by the body, and even though it is available in abundance, the body always needs it in a constant supply. Over 99% calcium is stored within our teeth and bones to help fortify their strength, while the remaining 1% is used by the blood vessel and to aid vital bodily processes, such as muscle function, hormone secretion and cell communication.

Where to get it:

You can obtain the richest concentration of naturally-occurring calcium from dairy products, such as milk, cheese, and yogurt. Plain low-fat and unsweetened yogurt provides the highest density of calcium, a whopping 415mg in each serving, which makes up nearly 42% of your daily dosage requirement. A yogurt crunch parfait for breakfast is an ideal way to eliminate a calcium deficiency.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *





Brain Tumor MRI

Boost Your Mental Health by Including These 5 Foods in Your Diet

Calories Banana Chips

12 Snacks to Avoid When You’re Trying to Burn Tummy Fat